Tuesday, February 26, 2008

18. Life's List

Learn sign language. Reach proficiency in Spanish. Reach proficiency in many languages--French, Japanese, Russian, German, Chinese, Hebrew, Greek, Korean, Polish, Italian, Portuguese, Arabic, etc! Use them. Learn to play the piano. Read anything and everything I can get my hands on, at least once. Run. Get a gym membership and use it. Donate 10 feet to Locks of Love (multiple donations, of course! I think I'm at about 3 right now). Bake amazingly. Cook well. Sky dive (or bungee jump). Write a book. Maybe publish it. Teach English as a second language. Travel the world, or travel a small part of it. See absolute poverty. Be changed by it. Work to change it. Live in some place I never thought I'd live. Love. Be loved. Get married. Have children. Study the Bible. Go on a road trip. Sleep on the beach. Take a ballroom dancing lesson. Make pottery. Write a letter to the editor. Do yoga. Be on retreat for thirty days. Vote. Walk ten miles (or more). Sew a quilt. Plant a garden. Go white-water rafting. Learn to knit. Be crafty. Set up a computer by myself. Stop biting my nails. Work with an adult literacy program. Sing without caring how it sounds. Dance without caring how I dance. Take an African dance class. Sew an outfit. Work for a non-profit. Be organized, if only for a day. Learn to ride a bike. Learn to ski. Go to France and eat nothing but bread, cheese and pastries. Drink nothing but champagne. Fall in love with a cause, or several. Be changed by loving it and being active in it. Host another exchange student, or several. Give up shopping for a year. Realize how many blessings I have. Keep my friends and family close. Graduate from school, college and seminary. Seek ordination. Live, laugh, love and eat a good deal of dark chocolate and Ben & Jerry's ice cream.

No comments: